Saturday 28 May 2016

PHOTO: Unemployed Man Murders Mother Of His 5 Children For Money Rituals In Lagos

 

Another case of spousal murder has been reported in Lagos. According to Vanguard, one Sogei Jafairu, who lives on Araromi Street in Oshodi area of Lagos, allegedly slit the throat of his wife Roselyn on Thursday night while their children were asleep.

Vanguard reports:

“[Jafairu] was said to have returned home Thursday evening, after spending one week outside. His unsuspecting wife, Roselyn , who was a trader at Ijora market, prepared food for members of the family. But the food was alleged to have been poisoned by her husband, who also ate with her. At about 1 am, Jafaru was said to have been seen pacing around his one room and parlour apartment. He was said to have also been sighted licking some black substance suspected to be concoction to neutralise the poisoned food he ate with his wife. Thereafter, he allegedly slit his wife’s throat with a knife, while she was sleeping.

He attempted to stuff the lifeless body inside a container when he suddenly started vomiting.”

One of their children, 16-year-old Richmond Sogei, who spoke to the media, narrated how the tragic incident all played out.

“My daddy and mummy never ate together since I grew up knowing them as my parents. We only saw them eating together for the very first time yesterday (Thursday).

Mummy came back from the market with some drinks she said we would use to celebrate Children’s Day today (yesterday).

We were surprised when we saw them eating beans and garri from same plate but concluded that it could be as a result of my kid sister’s birthday that was celebrated same day.

We all went to bed without any thought of the unexpected. But at 3am my daddy woke me up and instructed me to go and meet my mum in the bedroom. I left the sitting room where I slept with my aunt and three siblings. As I was going to urinate, I saw daddy vomiting in the bathroom. I went outside to urinate and when I came back, I saw him lying down in the bathroom. When I flashed the torchlight, I noticed that he was vomiting some black substance. He also excreted on himself.

Out of fear, I rushed to wake my aunt up to assist daddy. I also told her to wake mummy up to come and help daddy but she said that mummy was not responding. When I went inside and flashed my torchlight at her, I saw that the bed she laid on was socked with blood. On closer observation, I discovered a deep cut on her throat and passed out. “

Daddy initially said somebody broke into the room and killed mummy but we discovered that the gate was locked. Later he said I was the one that killed my mummy. How can I kill a mother that has been playing the role of a father to us?. She was even sponsoring my elder brother, Collins who just gained admission into the University. She was the bread winner. Twice, we have been sent packing by our landlords at Michael and Banjoko streets because daddy could not pay the rent. Why would anyone think of killing such person?”

Jafairu allegedly physically abused his late wife and she reportedly had threatened to leave the marriage. Her relative told Vanguard that Jafairu, who is unemployed, accused his wife of infidelity. She said:

“Our family had warned him to stop beating my sister . He does not have any job, she was the one feeding him and paying the rent. Anytime she collected gifts from her relatives, he would quarrel with her, accusing her of sleeping with men. There was a time he took her to our village in Edo State to swear before a shrine that she was not cheating on him. Just yesterday (Thursday) he demanded N10, 000 from her. She promised to raise the money by borrowing from her friends.”

Jafairu has since been arrested. Confirming the arrest, the Deputy Spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, Mr Chukwuma Ozoani, said, “It is a murder case and the husband was suspected to be under drug influence. The case has been transferred to the SCID and investigation has commenced.”

Culled from Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...