Monday 30 May 2016

Job Placard Carrying Girl, Lilian Explains How She Met The Vice President

  

Lilian Chinyere Douglas-Ezeugo, the job placard carrying girl recently went viral after she took the bull by the horn and stood on a Lagos road seeking for a job.

Please read the email we received from her in which she explains how she got to meet Vice President Yemi Osinbajo after her daring act and why she did what she did.

    Hi, My name is Lilian Chinyere Douglas-Ezeugo. I was born Dec. 3rd, 1993.
    I carried the placard at Ikoyi-Lekki bridge.

    Mrs Owen was one of the people who called me. She introduced  me to Mr Tony Elumelu. In the meeting, he asked me why i did what i did.  I told him that I didn't want to be among unemployed graduates and that was all. Though people started rumoring he gave me a job.

    Then Forte Oil called for a test too.
    Following that, I got an invite for a media forum with the Vice President. At the forum, we were given the opportunity to ask one question each. When it got to my turn, I asked him what plans the federal government have in preparing the teenagers and youth to overcome challenges of adulthood and what happens to youths without a purposeful mindset and are not mentally challenged, also those who are but do not have the support.

    I want people to understand that i did what i did to voice out. And that if nothing is done, it will get to a point where the youths will be involved in a violent protest.

    I would like 'Leadership and Purpose' to to be a module in schools but since it is not, i would like to organize sections with schools ranging from primary to university level introducing them to mind development courses, teaching them about leadership development, giving them a purposeful mindset that would make them meet their full potential.

    Imagine if school children and youths are developed socially, ethically, emotionally, physically and have cognitive competencies, they would be able to analyse their weakness and strength, set vocational goals, have self esteem, confidence, motivation and participate in community life, effect a positive change and serve as role models.

    My Facebook name is Douglas Ezeugo Lilian. Just incase you need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...