Saturday 5 March 2016

"I Already Knew I Wasn't Going To Win" - US Rapper, Fetty Wap On His Grammy Nomination

  

American Rapper, Fetty Wap remains gracious after his trip to the Grammy Awards. Fetty Wap was one of the artists nominated for Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance, but we’ll forgive you if you forgot after Kendrick Lamar’s performance consumed the Grammys.

Fetty didn’t get a lot of screen time during the show (not that he specifically wanted it), but his presence there still means he had a very impressive 2015.

The Paterson, NJ rapper and singer spoke to XXL about his experience at the award show, and Fetty revealed himself to be every bit as humble as when he first came up.

Describing his reaction to being nominated, the Remy Boyz member said, “I feel honored to be a part of it. It was an honor to be nominated… Even for the Grammys to even notice me, that’s big.”

Ever the realist, Fetty Wap even went out of his way to tell his crew he wasn’t expecting to win. “I already knew I wasn’t going to win, I told my camp like, ‘I won’t get my hopes up high.’” I’m real regular with it. I just so happen to have a song that the people like and it was Grammy nominated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...