Saturday 27 February 2016

"I Paid N480,000 to Arrange Special Room for My Husband In Prison" – Wife of Kidnap Kingpin

 

The Police have nabbed the wife of a kidnap gang leader, Mr Prosper Nengi David, who coordinates the activities of his gang from the Port Harcourt prison.

A member of the gang, Mr Ifanyi Nwanfo, who spoke while in the custody of the Anti-Kidnap Unit of the Police, had said that David was in detention at the Port Harcourt prisons and coordinated the activities of the group from the prison with a phone.

According to Nwanfo, the group always gave David’s share of the ransom to his wife at a spot on Aboloma road.

Meantime, David’s wife, Clara, who was arrested by the anti-kidnap unit, told newsmen yesterday before the Officer In-charge of the Police Anti-Kidnap Unit, in Port Harcourt, that she collected money from a member of the gang at separate times, pleading that she did not know her husband was a kidnapper.

She said she only knew her husband to be an illegal oil bunkerer. She said the man was yet to perform all the marriage rites on her but they had a son and had lived together as husband and wife since 2011.

According to her, the husband, Mr David asked her to give N480,000 to a warder so they could arrange a private room for him and some other inmates in the prison custody. She said she gave a total of N480,000 to the warder in three installments. Her words:

    “My name is Clara Collins, I sell wrapper. I am 26 years. They arrested me, saying I collect my husband’s share of ransom paid by kidnappers. I did not know my husband, Prosper Nengi David is a kidnapper.

    When they detained my husband last October, one of his friends brought N950, 000 to me as support since my husband was in detention. Later, my husband sent another money to me and told the person who sent it to me that it was for me to give a lawyer that was seeking his release. This time, they gave me N1.5 million naira.

    Then, I got one million naira again.

The state Police Commissioner, Mr  Musa Kimo said between January and February  four cultists were shot dead by his men, adding that a total of 46 kidnappers were arrested. He said 18 AK47,  3 Pump actions, 3 English pistol, 9 magazines, 124 cartridges were among items recovered from criminals in January. While assuring that there will be no hiding place for hoodlums in the state the state Police chief said 11 vehicles were also recovered from armed robbers  between January and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...